Thread: Why can't I change the office icons on the desktop?

Why can't I change the office icons on the desktop?

I am having a Vista system with Office 2007. I want to change the icon of Office applications like Word, Excel, etc. When I right click on that and choose change icon I am not getting any available icons. The box that appear which shows the list of icon to choose from is empty. I cannot change them at all. The same I can do for folders. Does Office icons are restricted or my system has less icons. What can be the problem.

The reason why you are not able to change that is because it is a shorcut ink file. You cannot modify the icon for that thing. IT is a kind of reference to the application. You have to use the same as it is. But you can change it by removing the existing icon and keeping something at its place. For that you have to go to the location where that file is saved and then modify the icon. It would work.

There are many software like icon changer which you can use to change the icon. I had did that using a software long before. But when I restored my system everything was wiped out. For office icons you cannot modify the same. It does not allow you and removing the current image from system is also not effect. But you can create a new shortcut and add your favorite image to the same.