Thread: Language of installation not supported in Microsoft Office

Language of installation not supported in Microsoft Office

I am using Windows XP SP3. I had installed Microsoft Office 2007. I had bought a korean language pack from Office 2007. I want to provide the same to a client. But when I tried to run the setup, I am getting a error on the screen that the language of this installation package is not supported by your system. Is anyone aware about the this. I had bought a 3 license for Office and somehow it is not working. I need some help here.

re: Language of installation not supported in Microsoft Office

Hi Laurie. I was on the same boat and I was able to decipher the problem... we ran into a lazy developer that can't write a proper error message (that's my editorial).

The reason why it won't install, is because you do not have the language checkboxes selected under Regional and Language options.

On Windows XP:

Start --> Control Panel --> Regional and Language Options

Select the second Tab, LANGUAGES

Then click on either or both checkboxes:

(X) Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai)

(X) Install files for East Asian Languages

You will need your Windows XP CD as it will copy files from the i386 folder.

Once I had that installed and rebooted the computer, the arabic language pack installed properly (but good luck understanding the menus for the installation...) :-)

Hope this helps.

B
    Last edited by modifiers; 05-01-2009 at 11:52 PM.

re: Language of installation not supported in Microsoft Office

I got the same kind of issue before. I had downloaded the language pack from windows update. But somehow the list of languages were not visible. Later on I checked in regional settings and configured the language manually. It worked.