Thread: Office 2003 & 2007 continually configure and set-up.

Office 2003 & 2007 continually configure and set-up.

I need some help with office enterprise installation. I am using Vista Home Premium on my system. On that I had installed Office Pro 2003. Things lok to be working fine. Recently I had upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007. The upgrade was fine. But it looks that the upgrade was some problem with installation. Whenever I try to open it it keeps on reconfiguring itself again and again. It is not getting constant.

It is a registry bug. You have to run the setup once again. There is a problem with registry settings. I can provide you a option but if that does not work it is better you must run the setup once again. For that run registry editor. In that go in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Here click on SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/OFFICE. In that go under 12.0 and then expand word. Here you can find a option as option. In this you have to choose the Dword Value and on the right side you have to type norereg. Hit enter. Ad the value 1 and then done.

I do not think you must go with registry settings. You must run the setup once again. That would be one of the best option because if there would be some bug with registry then there are chances that more bugs will appear. You can also run a repair setup that would fix your job and it is much more easier also.

Re: Office 2003 & 2007 continually configure and set-up.

Thanks for the fix for Word, Configure starts each time opened it worked, can the same fix be used for Excel?
    Rgds
    Brian Shepherd

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shepherd View Post
    Thanks for the fix for Word, Configure starts each time opened it worked, can the same fix be used for Excel?
    Rgds
    Brian Shepherd
    I think with the help of Shift Scheduler Continuous Excel you will be able to build a roster structure to your specifications, allocate staff, and generate a printable roster, all at the click of a button. It is compact and user friendly allowing you to add staff and shifts (maximum 150) with ease. Default values for continuous shifts mean that the only shift data required is the start date/time and length for the first shift, everything else is automated.

Thanks for your reply but I think you misunderstood query.
    I have the same problem with excel as I had with word.
    When I open excel document is goes into Configure before opening.
    Do you have fix for this
    Thanks & best rgds
    brian

It seems that you Office File got corrupted and that is behaving like this. To work with the same you have to uninstall the complete office package from the system and later on install it again. I will advise you to go with the uninstaller utility to uninstallation of the Office Suit. Uninstaller utility will remove the complete program from the system even with the Registry left over also. So if you can then go through the same and let me know whether this is working for you or not.