Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: CPU Overheating!!

Quote Originally Posted by borngenius
    Ibox cabinets-not very good. they have the chimney thing but nothin special about it. my brother's friend is a dealer in Nehru Place says 30-40% of the ibox cabinets coming back cause SMPS went kaput after 5-6 months.i sked if it was with a particular batch but he said many dealers were facing this problem.
    saw a cabinet in august CHIP from Lavatronics- 400W SMPS, 5 xtra fan slots 2 of them on the sides with speed sensors, LCD showing fan speed and temp. etc. CHIP gave it 4 stars. Rs.1200-1400 cost. my dealer said it is good with 2 years warranty.

could u please also give me the exact model no. and if psble the site from where i can see its pics

i have seen mini-grabit, it is just 1 or half inches shorter in all the dimensions than the grabit also it has a vent that directly throws air on the proc which the grabit strangly dosen't
    Last edited by humpty_dumpty; 12-09-2004 at 05:09 PM.

Exclamation

I've put some pics of cabinet as cngn suggested. wen i ran my pc with cabinet open the proc zone temp showed 56 deg -system zone1-46-system zone2-51. bt as soon i put the cabinet back in its place the temp was asusual 60 deg. sys zone 1- 56 sys zone 2-51. any suggestions plz!!!!

Putting a fan in front of the cabinet to suck cool air will work as ur cabinet seems to be in a confined space....

SORRY!! the name of the company is not lavatronics, its zebronics and model of cabinet is "lava".
    price:1500
    phone: 044-26616201 ( dont know Delhi Number)
    e-mail: zebronics@zebronics.com
    website not given in magazine.
    try : www.zebronics.com

HA lavatronics- sounds good eh?!!

Quote Originally Posted by kumar
    Putting a fan in front of the cabinet to suck cool air will work as ur cabinet seems to be in a confined space....

kumar in most of the cabinet s place inside the cabinet is given 2 install a fan (in the front) , but the vents r not present on the outside for sucking the air see his cabinet pictures fr details
    hey wolverine is there a vent below the handle in ur cabinet at the top??
    and is the fan attached below thw smps an intake or exhaust fan??

and born genius can u post a pic of the cabinet(if possible) cuz the sites not working also can u gimme the contact info of ur brother in nehru place
    Last edited by humpty_dumpty; 12-09-2004 at 08:22 PM.

hey humpty,i have the same cabinet,and yes there IS a vent on top,but there is no provision for a fan to be put up there.

Here is what i did:
    http://forums.techarena.in/attachmen...tachmentid=740

I put a 120mm AC fan below the HDD and kept the front panel USB/Audio cover open (i didnot get any connectors for those,so there is a hole there).

This is pretty good because my AGP Card (XFX MX440) w/o the fan would reach a max of 300/475 core/mem frm stock 250/260 in OCing.After i put the fan,i was able to reach 345/530.

SunMysore Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kumar

That'll do little good, the 80 pin IDE cables will block most of the fresh air.

Try roundin the IDE cables and then installing a new fan.

mlnunes Guest
    Try roundin the IDE cables
    Can you please explain this in detail...

cool

guys whats the black IC which is without the heat sinks(suz whenever my comp heats up then that booody chip is damn Hot)
    while the northbridge(which quickfire mentioned ) is just not hot enough when u touch it ,is the black IC representing my system 2 and is that the northbridge(just wanted 2 confirm as quick fire was not sure)

hey kumar ur cabinet looks veeeeeeeeery tidy man i wanted 2 ask if the fan which is below the smps is an intake or an outlet fan(well my guess is that it probablyis an exhaust fan but if i am right then won't the cooling of the proc be hindered as the fan on the proc is also sucking the air 2 wards the proc so i think the air flow would be divided and instead if we put an intake fann below the smps and try 2 adjust an exhaust fan somewhere above the mbd (on the top )then that would be realy help full for oc'king
    what do u think

and man plz tell me if i should order the zavatronics cabinet(as i have not seen it , and after odering it the replacement would not be that easy or even possible ) also if should i go for the mini grabit or the grabit
    plz reply urgentlyas i am telling my dealer 2 hold the odering of the i cabinet

can u tell me the official site of i-cabinets

Iactually put the 120mm fan to coolthe AGP card.Air flows over the HS of the card,gets hot and gets out thru the rear fan near the CPU.It also helps exhaust the hot air frm the CPU HSF.

Quickfire, I told you before to change the direction of the fan in your side panel. You should have listened to me!!

mlnunes Guest
    Finally..I did it...Pagladashu...
    and it has brought the temps. down by about 5C...
    thanks for ur advice anyway..

hope my current temps. are acceptable...

Thats great!!! Is the temp OK now? Kolkata has cooled down considerably in the last few days...I hope that it will also help you to get lower temps.

mlnunes Guest
    Well...I dunno if its okay but the temp range is like...
    CASE: 28C to 34C
    CPU: 42C to 55C

Full load: Around 65C

and yes, the recent drop in environ temps help too

NO! There's no vent below the handle but it does look like one! the fan below the smps is an exhaust fan!! my pc's workin fine bt temp is still arnd 60 deg c. so i have decided to take tat HI FI system out n put the cabinet on top , (i tried it n temp was arnd 55 deg c), thnx,all u guys for all tat gr8 help!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast