Thread: Want a decent air cooler for Intel Core i7

Want a decent air cooler for Intel Core i7

Intel Core i7 is a high end processor. I do not find the stock cooler so effective. I want a good done. A cooler that can help the cpu work better when playing games for when using the system for different work. There are many coolers in the market. But I want a good one. Because I had seen when the auto-overclock works the cpu is getting hot a lot. And this is all due to the processing. Without a good cooler it will be hard for a system to perform well. There might be a good coolers in the market but I can find a lot of them. But I am not sure which one to go for. I want a good one.

Re: Want a decent air cooler for Intel Core i7

When it comes to top coolers then it means this will be costly. And those models you have to buy from international sites. This will also carry huge shipping cost. When it comes to overclocking I do not really trust the air cooler. They are quiet useless. They does not work well. Because anyhow the cpu ran has a rpm limit. And it will get hot when the cpu is overclocked. It is going to generate a lot of heat. And air coolers does not draw out that fast. They are best for gaming. If you are looking for overclocking help then the best thing you can do is go ahead with portable liquid coolers. They are lot more better.

The stock cooler is also not bad from any angle. It is good enough for day to day usage. The stock cooler comes with a decent performance. I am having system with Core i5 and it works really well. I am using the stock fan from a year and it works well for gaming and for other usage. Sometime I had seen the cpu heatsup a bit but it gets back to normal. If you are processor is heating more then it means the fan is not upto the mark. At that time buying a new one will be the best one. One of the best budget cooler that you can easily find is DeepCool Gammaxx 300.

Just try finding out the cost of Zalman's CNPS9500A through your local retailer. I am quiet sure that you will be able to find it. This one is one of the best cpu cooler I had seen. It puts a heavy impact on processor heat. It will keep the cpu cooler and will offer you a long lasting solution. This fan has as a large base. It has three heat-pipes that draws out heat directly from the cpu. You can put two fans on the same to instantly cool the processor. It is a quiet costly product but it is nice and great for gaming pc. I am unable to find the price of this product in India.

For air coolers there are many options you can go for. Many high end products which I had seen are costly and not available in the local market. But best would be a portable liquid cooler. Like the Hyrdo series by Corsair. Hyro H80i GT is one of the best coolers you can checkout. It is small and good enough for day to day usage. It is a portable cooler that can fit well in regular cpu case also. It is one of the most portable cooler available in the market worth trying. It is a high performance cooler. There are other more models which comes with bigger radiator.

Air coolers are really costly. One of the most common thing you will be seeing is a huge heatsink in this coolers. This heatsink take care about the heating part. You can add extra fans on it. But it block the space inside the cpu case. Especially when you are having a regular ATX cpu case. For those who are having a full size tower, it is easier for them to fit a bigger cooler. There is one budget air cooler, Antec 720 that you can test out. It has a copper pipe in it that will keep your cpu cooler compare to the regular stock fan.