Thread: best mATX Z97 motherboard

best mATX Z97 motherboard

I am going to replace my old desktop computer that is running on quad core processor. I am looking to buy something compact and having some problems finding a good motherboard. I will be using a Intel i5 Core which I am going to overclock for gaming and other stuffs but mostly it will underclocked all the time. I will also use a Cooler Master cooler to keep the temperature under normal. I am looking at the AsRock Z97E-ITX/ac mobo but have read that there are some issues with some CPU cooler backplates. Therefore I am looking to get a mATX board that comes with the same feature and which is under a good budget. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: best mATX Z97 motherboard

I would recommend you to go with the Asus Maximus VII which is based on the Intel Z97 chipset. This mobo has everything that you possibly want and its new Fan Expert 3 and AI Suite make it quick and easy work of overclocking. It also comes with SupremeFX audio solution that runs pretty decent and the HD front panel ports are also made of quality. The UEFI bios is also very easy to understand and very responsive, all in price range of $215.

The GIGABYTE GA-Z97N-WIFI LGA 1150 Intel Z97 is also a great board. The best part of this mobo is that it is not very expensive for being a Z97 board. You get tons of overclocking abilities for this small motherboard. It also has a build in wifi that gives amazing speeds and bluetooth also works great. You can simply connect a speaker then play songs via bluetooth either from your phone or any other bluetooth device with amazing output.

You can also check out the MSI Z97M Gaming motherboard that will cost only $160. There are some inbuilt tools that are very useful like MSI live update that updates all your motherboard drivers automatically. There are many great features in this board except wifi since it comes at a very cheap price. There are lots of USB 3 and Sata 3 ports, DVI and HDMI options, dual network, etc. You also get an integrated graphics of HD 4600 with this motherboard.