Thread: Looking for a cheapest LGA 1150 socket motherboard

Looking for a cheapest LGA 1150 socket motherboard

My cousin has a problem with his system. The board is not working. I checked and found that it has a LGA 1150 socket. I am looking for a cheapest motherboard that can perform quiet well and can be a easy upgrade. The system has around 2GB RAM and 500GB hard drive. I checked on web and found a few biostar models. Does those models are good enough or there are lot more better one. The system was having a Gigabyte board. It has as 3 year warranty but the board burned. I do not understand what really happened. I took the board to service center but they rejected it.

Re: Looking for a cheapest LGA 1150 socket motherboard

It is weird. I think you must show your board to some other service center. If the board is under warranty and it has stopped working then you will get it repaired for free. But if there is any physical damage on that then they will not repair it. Its there policy. Any kind of physical damage is not counted under warranty. I had also lost a board like this. I do not know what really happened but a tiny chip on the board was burned. And there was no repair provided. The board was just around 6 months old. There are nice budget boards in the market you can go for. Like Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1.

ASRock H 81 PRO BTC is a good start for your requirement. This is not a very old board and can provide you a decent solution. It comes with Intel H81 Chipset where you can use upto 16GB ram. I will not say it is a very high end model. The cost lies around Rs.3900. I will advice you to search for the price in local shop and see what you get. You can build up a good system through this. There are two ram slots in it. Asrock is a bit old brand and you can trust on this. But if you are willing to add more amount then there are more models you can checkout for. I thin Intel is the most stable one.

Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H Motherboard will be a easy and good upgrade for you. This board comes with many latest features which are worth waiting. But it is a mini-itx board. I am having this on a htpc in my office where it works really well and has no issue at all. You can addup a good cpu on that and make a ideal pc through this. Due to mini-itx form factor it will fit well in any cabinet. There are all common connectivity options. The maximum ram you can add on this board is around 8 GB DDR3 SO-DIMM.

Buy something which can be long lasting and comes with latest features. Many boards that are mentioned above are bit old and also you cannot expect much from them. Just buy adding a few more bucks you can buy a board like Intel DH87RL 4th Generation Motherboard. I will not say that his one is the latest one or the best here, but being a Intel model I trust it. I am having a Intel board in my pc which I am using from last 3 years without facing any problem. It is a good board for pc that are used in office or home. The cost of this board is around Rs.6800.