Thread: Cpu recommendation where overclocking is not required

Cpu recommendation where overclocking is not required

I want advice on a processor for gaming pc. Overclocking is not realy needed. Only a reliable good processor that can provide flawless performance in gaming. I will add around 12GB of ram on that with dual gpu. I can find many boards that supports overclocking and are costlier. So I do not want a very high end configuration here. Once I am able to device what processor to go I can go ahead and checkout different boards on the basis of socket. Right-now I am keeping Intel processors as the primary options. But AMD is also fine if there is a good processor available.

Re: Cpu recommendation where overclocking is not required

Go for Intel Core i5. The model is 4460 that is clocked at 3.40Ghz. I think that is more than enough to fulfill your requirement. With latest graphic card support you can play all new games on high resolution monitor. This cpu cost around Rs.14500 approx. It is a good processor and ideal for mid range level gaming pc. It is having a good clock rate and you can use it well for different app performance also. There are few processors that are capable of giving out good output without overclocking. It is also essential to choose the right motherboard model with this.

There are few good models under Intel, but it also matters it is available or not. Like Intel Core i7 4790k. This one is a big high end but amazing processor. It is great for building a high end gaming machine. Once you have such cpu you don't have worry at all about any future updates. Core i5 is a bit lower version that does not promise you much performance. So anyhow after 2 to 3 years you might plan to go ahead with a new upgrade. The cost of 4790k is and $350.00. Indian price is not yet known. I tried searching on the web on some popular eCommerce site but it is not available.

The above model is bit too high end. I do not think you really need that. Core i5-4690K is something more than enough. And it is good for gaming. You just have to load a good set of cards as mentioned.This cpu is alone is going to cost you a high price. And for more extreme model you can switch to higher one. But it is not really needed. I had seen people uses standard size monitor where high end processors cannot form on full rate. If you are planing to use dual monitors of big size then having a costlier cpu can help you. Or else Core i5 is more than enough.

I still love the FX series of AMD. I am having one which is working well now. I am having Nvidia 650Ti graphic card on that and there is no problem. You can go ahead with FX-8320, FX-8320E, FX-8350 series. They are lot more cheaper. The most higher one has a 8 core design. The only difference that I notice is that when you play games AMD gets hot sooner. Intel on the other hand remains a bit stable. But I am having a liquid cooler so I did not have to worry much. The system works well and provide a full HD revolution output on a huge 27inch monitor.

It is best to first make a list of best gaming cpu. And then you can decide what you want. As far as I had seen on many sites, Intel’s Core i5-4690K is the most popular one. It is best for those who do not want to overlcock their system. Most of the high end games are going to work well on this. 3.5Ghz clock rate is high enough for producing smooth result. Many gamers are also recommending this processor. And if you want even cheaper there is one more model which is lot more cheaper. It is Core i3 4130. It is a good done and provides decent output.