Thread: Which motherboard model supports DDR4 ram

Which motherboard model supports DDR4 ram

I am trying to find out which motherboard in the market has a support for DDR4 ram series. Most of the models that I can find are based on DDR3 ram and none of them provide choices for upgrades. In future I am quiet sure that soon DDR4 rams will be cheaper and it will be great for gaming also. I am unable to find a extract model number. I found a few boards that were not available in India. I have to buy that from a international site which makes it more costlier than a regular board. I want to make a list here and if the board in affordable range I will buy it.

Re: Which motherboard model supports DDR4 ram

There are some models by Asus I think. But I am not really sure what to go for. There are models but they are way too costly. And there is no worth in buying this boards. I had tried looking on eBay also but there are no such boards. There is a time for DDR4 ram to appear. Because today DDR3 are cheaper and they are easily available. DDR4 are costly as they are high performance ram. I think it might take a year for this ram to get common. Right now there is only DDR3 rams under all sections. If you want a budget board then there is no use of going for DDR4 based model.

One of the best affordable motherboard that supports DDR4 series ram is Asus X99-A Motherboard. I am talking on the basis of availability. This board cost around Rs.26000 approx. It is a high end board and other models are also available. But they are lot more costlier than this. This board is also supports DDR3 ram. For those who want to go for a really high end system should go for this board. This board has LGA 2011-v3 Socket Type and has 8 RAM slots. It is based on Intel X99 chipset. It is a good range board but the choice depend on budget.

Asus has a deluxe series board that provides you DDR4 ram support. And you can choose different models among this. But the cost is very high here. It is not recommended for all. This boards are exclusive and I am unable to find models by other manufactures. I had tried looking under Gigabyte also but it looks like they are not much interested in making boards based on DDR4 ram. It is better to stick with DDR3 still. I also think that there are some years when DDR4 will be commonly used and sold.

For finding a DDR4 based motherboard you have to find a board that has Intel X99 chipset. All boards under this are mostly based on DDR4 ram slots. And they also supports DDR3 ram. X99 chipset is based on 8 Core cpu support. That means building up really extreme pc for high performance usage. This are high end boards and it is obvious that you will get the latest specification on the same. But in coming time we might get budget models that will provide you affordable upgrades. It is good to wait back for some time. I am sure this will be more cheaper.

I can list you around three models that comes with this latest DDR4 ram support. The first one is Asus X99-Pro, the second one is Asus Rampage V Extreme and the last one is Asus X99-Delux. All such three boards are having DDR4 ram support. The cheaper one is the first one that cost around Rs.29000 or the model that is provided in first answer. Other than this I could not really found any other model. I am quite sure there might be ample of boards coming out in future which will offer you all latest kind of hardware support. But it is not the time actually to go for a really high end update.