Thread: Asus M5A99FX PRO Raid installation

Asus M5A99FX PRO Raid installation

I am having a system with Asus M5A99FX PRO motherboard and not I am looking to setup RAID on it. As far as I can tell there seems to be 7 Sata 3 ports in it. Now, I want to know a way to configure them so that I can make a RAID configuration in my pc. I am using 3 1TB drives that are connected to ports 1-4 and a DVD writer connected to port 5 and an SSD connected to ASmedia ports. Please tell me step by step method on how to create RAID configuration in my computer with the hard drives that I have. Thanks

Re: Asus M5A99FX PRO Raid installation

You will need to install the AMD raid driver from this link - http://66.226.78.21/downloadsite/dri...3.1540.33).zip and also download the ASmedia driver from this link - http://66.226.78.21/downloadsite/dri...n8(v1.3.8).zip. After that try to plug the SSD to one of the 1-4 ports and then set Sata to Raid. After that configure the Raid array and SSD as non member and then try to install Windows and install the Amd Sata driver at the time of installation.

First, you will have to connect SSD Sata cables to the 2 middle Sata ports on motherboard and connect hard drive on the bottom outside white port and then connect the dvd drive in the blue ports. After that turn on pc and press F2 to enter bios. Now look for Sata Controller settings and set it to Raid (RTFM) and enable swap if the box is there. Reboot your system and when the Sata Raid Bios screen appears then press the control and I key when you get the prompt. After that enter Raid settings and set the Raid to Raid 0 and pick the SSD to be in Raid group. Leave the hard drive and dvd drive alone. Put your Windows install DVD and install the OS. Note that you might have to download the Sata Raid drivers for your motherboard incase the installer misses the Raid array.

I have found that the port 1 to 5 can be run in RAID. So, first set Raid in bios and then use the Raid Rom utility when booting by pressing CTRL+f key and set the raid options there. I also think that you dont require a Raid driver for the data drives because you will not be booting from them. Incase the drives are old then you might get some errors.