Thread: Does Intel or AMD has any Octa Core processor for PC

Does Intel or AMD has any Octa Core processor for PC

Gaming is one the best thing you can do on pc. Today I had seen that gaming requirements are rising. And they are also more demanding. I am unsure that it will not be easy for users to cope with the increasing hardware. Today HD games demands 64bit processor, more than 8GB's of ram and high processor. So I was just checking where Intel or AMD is having any Octa core processor in the market. I had seen quad and 6 core cpu maximum which are ideal for overclocking. They can bring out good gaming output output. But 8 core processor will be a true beast.

Re: Does Intel or AMD has any Octa Core processor for PC

Yes there is one and it has been recently announced by Intel. It falls in the Extreme Edition range. The model is Intel Core i7-5960X and the cost of this processor is around $1000. This cpu will be based on Hashwell architecture. It is the first processor which is dedicated to the PC and offer you 8 processor cores. It ideal for gaming and extreme usage. Till yet overclocking is not confirmed on the same. We have to wait back to find which chipset it will work well and there will be high hardware requirement for such processor.

Re: Does Intel or AMD has any Octa Core processor for PC

Intel Core i7-5960X would built a awesome gaming pc. It comes with a new new X99 chipset that has many features. The cpu is clocked at 3GHz on normal mode. There is a Turbo Boost mode also which will increase the clock rate to 3.5 GHz. There will be two more models with this one. It is one of the most expensive processor under Extreme Edition. It is capable of giving you a lot more better performance when it comes to multi-threaded applications. It is quiet obvious that you have to anyhow upgrade your hardware to use it effectively.