Thread: Power surge message on every boot on Asus pc

Power surge message on every boot on Asus pc

I am facing some kind of power surge error message whenever I turn on my pc. I am using Windows 7 on the same. I had just installed this in recent week. There was a virus issue on that so I formatted and installed a new version and things look like working properly. But when I play games on Ultra I had seen that the gpu is getting ore hotter and then I get a power supply surges detected error message. I am unable to figure out how this surge message is triggered. And want to know to fix this thing. Is it a risky thing.

Re: Power surge message on every boot on Asus pc

This is an issue with the power supply you have in your system. First try shifting the power outlet then there are other more things to try out. If you are getting the same error again then you have to connect a new psu and test with that. This is not really a kind of OS error. Such kind of errors are quiet common when you are having a poor power supply unit in your pc.The cheaper one which are not a all reliable and good enough for long term usage. So just upgrade to a new psu and then test back.

Re: Power surge message on every boot on Asus pc

It also appear if you are having a low psu in your system. Like you are having a gpu and you are using a psu which is less than 500w. Then you might get this kind of error constantly. You have to upgrade and increase your psu that might give you more better output. Like higher than 500w. Here if you are having dual gpu then going for more than 700w is the most recommended option. Lower can cause issue can generate hardware problem also. This will also reduce overheating in your system.