Thread: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer bios reset issue

Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer bios reset issue

I am using Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer motherboard along with Intel Pentium G3258 processor without any issues. I have just purchased Intel Core i5-4690K but when I am using it then the computer will not start. After some research I found out that the mobo BIOS needs to be updated, so I downloaded it on a flash drive. While doing the bios update something went wrong due to power lost and now the computer wont start at all. So, if anyone can help me how to get this system up and running it would be appreciated.

Re: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer bios reset issue

I think that you can find a junper for a backup BIOS on your motherboard, you can try to move that jumper cap to pins 2 and 3 on the BIOs selection jumper. It looks me to that clearing the CMOS might have caused the problem or might have not. You can try to refer to the motherboard manual of your motherboard on some pages referring to BIOS which has all the steps on how to do that and get your system running again.

I dont know whether the bios flash caused the problem but you can still try to connect the Intel G3258 processor to see if your computer is booting at all. After that you can also use the backup bios to start your system and get back your computer running so that atleast you can get the system running. Can you tell us whether the BIOS version is from the factory listed on any labels on your motherboard box?

When ever you are changing the processors then you should always try to clear the CMOS before rebooting the system with the new processor. After that, even if the BIOS is not flashed completely then you can also try to fix it if the BIOS chip on the motherboard fits in a socket and not soldered to the mobo. You can also try to ask for a cutom-flashed BIOS chip for your Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer motherboard.