Thread: Sound echo on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 motherboard

Sound echo on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 motherboard

I am having a mic which was attached to a Creative Fury headphone. I want to use it directly for chatting with my friends. And I had found that whenever I try to talk I am getting a lot of echo on that. I am having a usb speaker where I am able to hear my audio as well he audio of a person on the other side. And it echos a lot and its very annoying. Sometime there is a very sharp and loud static noise on the same and it wont goes. It just very hard to chat on the same. What can be the problem.

Re: Sound echo on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 motherboard

There are few settings that you can do from the sound section of Windows to fix it. For that click on Start and in the Search box below just type sound. Under Control Panel click on Sound. And then from the sound box click on Recorder. Right-click on the default Mic you have in that and chose properties. There you can find a few extra settings for noise suppression and echo cancellation. Add a tick on the same and done. You will be able to use it properly and there wont be any echo on the same.

Re: Sound echo on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 motherboard

You will get echo because you had selected the speaker as a default. You have to go back in the same section of Sound as mentioned above. There in the recording part there is a option where you can set default device to listen to the mic. Just disable that. And then test once again. You wont be able to hear your own sound, but the person on the other end will be able to clearly hear what you are trying to say and that would be the best options. If still echo continuous then just update your audio drivers and test back.