Thread: Onboard wifi not working on MSI board

Onboard wifi not working on MSI board

There is some issue with my old MSI motherboard. I am having issue with the on-board wifi which is not working. I tired a lot by updating the drivers but still the same is not working. I had ran a small bios update by a tiny utility which I had found on the official site. And this use to fix most of the issues. But this thing is not working here. I am quiet looking for some help here to turn this on automatically. Does there is some option in the BIOS that can make this thing work.

Re: Onboard wifi not working on MSI board

I do not think spending on the system fans is going to help much. If you want a long lasting solution where your cpu does not heat much then there is only one thing you can go ahead and try. You can try using a liquid cooler which are now a days available in cheaper price. There is one model by Antec and also a cheaper one by Corsair. This is a kind of one time solution for all your cpu usage. The cpu temperature always low below 35degree. Just try to find a budget model.

You have to go in device manager and you have to see that the wifi is detected or not. If it is not then you have to locate the drivers and try out. Atleast this hardware must be detected in the form of unknown sources. So that you can update the drivers and try to use it. I am quiet sure that if it is detected as unknown sources then it will appear up quiet easily. And that will be also very easy to install. But if that is not detected then you can't do anything.

Yes it is necessary that it must appear in the form of unknown devices in Device Manager. Or else installation will be complicated. If that is not detected then you have to get a pci usb dongle or pci wifi card which will be quiet cheaper according to me. You can get one decent model from the market and use it. It also give you quiet a nice range. Just try finding out first whether your on-board wifi is dead or not. Then go ahead with a secondary model.