Thread: ASUS M5A97 wont boot

ASUS M5A97 wont boot

I recently started to build a new pc and it is not booting at all. The specs include Asus M5A97, FX 8350, Corsair 600W, 4GB RAM, Samsung Evo SSD and Radeon R9 280 video card. When I try to boot then some LEDs on the mobo come up but the fans will not rotate at all and there is no signal to the monitor as well. I tried to start the pc without the GPU but still it will not work. Can anyone tell me if there is anything else that I can test to get this system running up? Thanks

Re: ASUS M5A97 wont boot

I think that you will need to update the BIOS of your motherboard to the latest version so that it works with the AMD FX-8350 CPU that you are using in your build. Can you tell us whether you are having a Revision 2.0 motherboard or older one? If you have one, then try to ensure that the RAM is inserted on the mobo slot properly. You are supposed to use the RAM in dual channel, this way your mobo will boot up properly.

You will need to first of all check if the RAMs that you are using is compatible with the Asus M5A97 motherboard that you are using. Try to update the BIOS of board as well and if there is any interrupted bios update then your mobo will not boot until you recover the bios properly. Remember to do that update until the PC boots normally. Also check to make sure that the RAMs that you are using is not faulty at all.

Have you tried to insert the graphics card that you are using in the second slot of PCIe and check if that works. If this doesnt work then try to remove all the power and then restart the computer and click F2 or Delete to get to the UEFI bios and click on boot hard drive. Also download the latest updated bios from the Asus official website and install it properly. Try to clear the CMOS battery manually and test by booting the motherboard.