Thread: need a decent motherboard for I5-4690k CPU and GTX 970 card

need a decent motherboard for I5-4690k CPU and GTX 970 card

I am looking for the gaming motherboard that will go with all the components that I have in my mind so far. The other hardware includes Intel i5-4690k CPU, a GTX 970 graphics card, G.Skill 8gb DDR3 RAM, EVGA 750watt power supply, a mid tower case and Samsung SSD for the installation of Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating system installation in dual boot. Can anyone tell me which is the best gaming board that I can go for? Thanks

Re: need a decent motherboard for I5-4690k CPU and GTX 970 card

Well, if you are looking to build a gaming machine then I would recommend you to go for the Z97 motherboard's from either Gigabyte or Asus. These brands offer the most powerful and reliable mobo's at the moment. Note that you have got a good Power Supply but if you are going for such a high end build then you should grab something from the Seasonic PSU brand. Incase you are going to use a SLI in future then you will have to take atleast a XFX 850W power supply.

If you are low on budget then you can go with the Asrock Extreme 6 motherboard which is based on the Z97 chipset and it is also best bang for the money. It comes with good power delivery, good I/O and also dual M.2. This board will cost you around $160 only. Considering the price you can take this over any Asus Maximus mobo if you want to save money. If you are looking to overclock then the EX6 will the best mobo for you.

If you really want to play games on your system with ultra settings then you should consider buying the ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO motherboard. It comes packed with a lot of features and accessories. The power consumption under stock is also excellent. It also has wide open BIOS for changing every part of your system to any extent. It also supports more than 3TB+ hard drives. The only problem is that it doesnt come with a Wifi onboard.