Thread: Asus P8B75-M/CSM booting problem

Asus P8B75-M/CSM booting problem

I have been using my computer without any problems but recently it started giving me booting problem. I am using Asus P8B75-M/CSM and when I power on with the Power Supply then a lights do come up on the motherboard but when I try to power on the computer by pressing its power button then it keeps flashing and will not boot at all. I dont know whether it is a Power Supply issue and since I am no advanced user so I dont know how to test my 400W power supply. Can anyone tell me how do I test the PSU to check if its a mobo or psu problem? Thanks

Re: Asus P8B75-M/CSM booting problem

Can you also tell us what are the rest of your computer specifications, like which CPU, how much RAM are you using? If you believe that it is a PSU problem then you can try to test the power supplt without connecting it into a motherboard by using the Paperclip method. There are many videos on youtube that show how to perform that test. Additionally you can even try to test the same PSU in some other computer to see if it is working or not.

You can try to also buy a Digital voltmeter to test the power supply. There are many similar ones that you can find for as much cheap rates as possible, like this one - http://www.harborfreight.com/7-funct...ter-98025.html. You can even try to buy power supply testers that you can purchase from this link - http://www.howardstore.com/accessori...AOIU65zbHFH5oQ

Well, instead of buying all the power supply testers you should actually try to buy a new Power Supply to solve your problem. You should also test the RAM to make sure if that is not the problem. To test the RAM, run memtest86 on your computer for an overnight and check the results afterwards. If you get errors in the report then test each stick of RAM one at a time to find out which one is causing the problem.