Thread: Advice on upgrading Intel Core i3 to 3rd Generation Intel Core i5

Advice on upgrading Intel Core i3 to 3rd Generation Intel Core i5

I am having a system that has a old Intel Core i3 processor. And I bought this with a Intel board. I am not very sure about the full hardware. I just found the cpu in my bill. I want to upgrade that to the 3rd Generation Intel Core i5. My friend recently build a system with that which is ideal for gaming. And I am also goign to buy a new graphic card. So I need some advice first to test and find out whether this upgrade is possible or not. I had tried finding out on the web about the same, but it is getting more complicated.

Re: Advice on upgrading Intel Core i3 to 3rd Generation Intel Core i5

For upgrade you have to find full information on your system hardware. Without which it is not possible to get a proper upgrade solution. Like you have to find what motherboard model you are having and what is the socket. And then on that basis the upgrade will be possible. If you are using a 1st generation Core i3 cpu then it is not possible to add 3rd Generation Intel Core i5. You will also have to buy a motherboard with the same. You can try using CPUz here. It will give you a detailed information about your board.

Re: Advice on upgrading Intel Core i3 to 3rd Generation Intel Core i5

To upgrade a cpu the socket of board matters a lot. Without which you cannot get a new processor. For high end gaming pc you need a powerful motherboard. And her Intel Core i5 is an great processor. My friend has a pc with 3G HIS card on the same and 8GB RAM. It has some high end Gigabyte Z series motherboard. Games work very smooth on the same and there is performance problem. So here it is very important to select properly what you are going to buy. Your investment must not get wasted.