Thread: MSI H81M-E35 for building a overclocking system

MSI H81M-E35 for building a overclocking system

After searching for long time on the web I found MSI H81M-E35 as a decent board for a gaming pc. I have a requirement for motherboard that can offer me two benefits. First for gaming on multiple monitors and second for overclocking. I found this one as good budget one. But I am not so tech savy. So it is complicated to compare this board with others. I want some suggestion here that will this board is capable of standing overclocking. I will use a liquid cooler so that my cpu remains protected. I am getting this board at a discounted rate in a locate shop. I had checked the features that looks decent to me. But before buying I want to confirm its performance.

Re: MSI H81M-E35 for building a overclocking system

According to me the board you had mentioned is quiet good when it comes to gaming. Not for overclocking. This does not means the board does not support overclocking. It supports. It comes with OC Genie 4 which can help you to accelerates your system output. But I do not find the board a bit stable. If you need a long lasting output then you have to go for a higher one. You also have to buy a good psu so that your system does not fall short for the power. Go for 700w or higher with good cooling stuff. Or else your system can get screwed up quiet easily. There are lot of other things that are essential to build a overclocking pc.

Re: MSI H81M-E35 for building a overclocking system

I had seen a lot of discussions like this where people are looking for a budget performance board. There are is a difference when it comes to budget gaming board. Overclocking boards require to have a powerful capacitors so that they can stand out overclocking. Without which overclocking is complicated and your system might crash within couple of hours. The board that I had seen are above Rs.12000. Like Asus Crosshair V. This one is a extreme edition board quiet amazing for overclocking stuff. This type of boards are designed for the same. I think if you skip the overclocking part then you can get lot of board under Rs.10,000.