Thread: Fan control not responding on GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Fan control not responding on GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I am not able to use the fan control on GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3. This board has one feature in the bios through which I can manually control the fan speed which does not looks to be working. Because when I increase the same there is no change in the processor temperature. It remains the same as it was before. My cpu is giving me temperature higher than 75degree. And I am quiet not able to figure out why on the idle mode this thing is giving so high temperature. I want to to increase the fan speed here so that I can get more proper output. I am doing nothing here. The system is in idle mode and still the cpu temperature is so high.

Re: Fan control not responding on GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

There can be some other thing in the system that is causing the issue and you have to check that. There are chances that your system might have issue with the thermal paste due to which the temperature is so high. You can simply check that by opening up the case and there you have to remove the cpu fan. Check the thermal paste at the bottom of the same. Apply a new one and then test back. I am quiet sure that will be enough to make the cpu a lot more cooler than what you are getting now. There is no need to increase the cpu fan speed here. The thermal paste will do the job of cooling your system.

Re: Fan control not responding on GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

You can try third party fan speed booster software which can help but not much. If the cpu is getting hot in normal mode then it means the thermal paste in it is dried up and you are facing the issue. You have to replace that. For test you can try using SpeedFan. This is the only tool I can see that offer you a option to boost your system fan speed. I think that will help you in fixing the issue. But if that is not helping then you have to replace the fan heat sink. If you are using the stock fan then you can still upgraded to a better one by buying an antec budget cooler. It is Antec A20. It is a nice budget cooler that can help you a lot in keeping your system cool.