Thread: Cannot boot Ubuntu on Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H

Cannot boot Ubuntu on Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H

I had dual boot my system that has a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H. I had bought this board recently as my old one was not working well. I moved my old hardware on this. I was having a dual boot system before which failed to work after the new board was added. So I started everything from scratch. I installed windows 7 first and now I am installing Ubuntu. I want to use Ubuntu for my development work. After when the setup was done the pc restarted and there is a black screen. The system is not booting in Ubuntu nor in Windows. How can find what thing is causing the issue in the system. Why it is not able to boot the operating system.

Re: Cannot boot Ubuntu on Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H

This usually never happen. Once you are done with installation of the operating system upon restart you can see the grub bootloader. From where you have to choose the operating system buy using the arrow key. And then hit enter. By default the system boots in ubuntu. And for booting in windows you have to choose the operating system listed at the bottom side. Now if this is not working then I think you have to change the ubuntu disk which might help you more in fixing the issue. You might be using a improper DVD that is causing the problem. So just change that and try out. It will start working.

Re: Cannot boot Ubuntu on Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H

I also think the issue can be with the dvd you are using. You can install windows first. Update all your drives so that your system gets updated and working. Ater that created a full image recovery of your Windows partition. You have to crate a recovery disk also. Once you are done then go ahead with the installation of Ubuntu. If something happen the system fails to boot you can use the recovery disc to restore things back again. I am quiet sure that is the only way to resolve the issue. Here by creating a recovery disc you can save a lot of time when this kind of issue occur. You just have to simply restore your pc through dvd.