Thread: Can Dual core processor are good enough for daily use

Can Dual core processor are good enough for daily use

I need a very basic system only for text editing job. The application that are going to work in this is Microsoft Office with Windows 7 operating system. There will be a antivirus and few browsers. I am having a dual core processor which is quiet old but still it is working fine. I am getting a very budget upgrade choice for this. And if I got with new then it is going out of my budget. I need a pc only for text editing and web surfing. That's it. There will be no other things on the same. I want to know that does a Intel Dual Core cpu will be enough for this or I have to upgrade my entire pc.

Re: Can Dual core processor are good enough for daily use

There are two things you need. One a big size monitor so that you can edit your files on a wider place and second a decent hardware that can run the applications without causing much issue. Here dual core is enough according to me. You can use upto 4GB for ram stick to boost the application output. For storage go with the maximum one. That is around 1TB. Hard drives can be reused in any pc. So buying a good hard drive will not cost you much. Go for a good reliable board so that you can use it for longer period. That's it. I think this is not going to cost you much in terms of upgrade.

Re: Can Dual core processor are good enough for daily use

Dual Core would be good enough. I had still seen a lot of computers in my college which are on dual core cpu and 2GB ram. They work fine with various application. But you cannot use video editing software on them. Or if you are using compression application like winrar then also it is slow. But for your work which is limited to video editing you wont face much problem in the same. It is good to add a few ram sticks and increase the hard drive. That's it. Do not buy anything more. If in future you require a good system then this pc will get wasted. You wont get any good resale value on the old hardware.