Thread: How to find a processor that will not bottleneck graphic card

How to find a processor that will not bottleneck graphic card

I want some tips to finding out the right processor which is not going to bottleneck graphic card. This issue is faced by my friend. He has a amazing 700series nvidia card which he hooked on a old quad core processor. The gpu is not able to give out maximum output. I tried to play a few games on a large tv on maximum resolution. But it failed to work. Most of the time the game lags when I do that. Which is the best way to find that which cpu will work well with the high end gpu. Is there a software for that, which can scan and give the information.

Re: How to find a processor that will not bottleneck graphic card

No there is no tool for that. You have to simply find that on the basis of hardware specification. If you are using a new high end graphic card with a old processor then surely your system will bottleneck. That is because of hardware limitation. If you are using a high end system then things will be a lot more smoother. You can get the kind of output you are looking for. You must run benchmarking test in your system ti find out what is the maximum capability of your system to perform.

I will not recommend you to buy anything that is recommended you on the web. The best way is to take advice from some person who is technically strong and understand computer hardware. I had seen people only sell hardware if it is cheap. And no one consider about the performance thing. For that you can talk to some popular company who is selling hardware and you can get the right compatibility support with the same.

There are sites that give you hardware reviews. You have to choose a graphic card first. What you want to buy. When you are done with that you have to then search for the best review on the web. Many review if done by professional people brings a test machine setup in the same. They use this tech machine to find out the maximum performance of a graphic card. And on that basis you can find out which cpu will work well. I am quiet sure it will be easier.

That is a nice advice. I always think about what hardware to use with what. Like if I get the most high end processor then which motherboard is going to work with that. And this always confuses me. There is one issue with this reviews. They always target the most high end computer configuration. They dont go with budget solution. The board they use is the costliest one and then things get complicated.

I agree here. I had seen a few good reviews based on a high end gpu configured on sli. And the board that was used is not available in my local shop. I have to order that online which was double the price of what I am getting in regular shop. It is not easy to find a compatible and reasonable board near to that one. The reviews based on the region and that is why they use the hardware which is available in their place.