Thread: Intel Core i7 cpu is not using all it cores

Intel Core i7 cpu is not using all it cores

I think the processor in my pc is not using all its cores. I am plaing games and I had aslo kept a few video converstion on the backgroond. I notice that the processor is unable to work prperly. The time should be a lot more lower when it comes to compressing and converting. But this thing is just taking time. I want some help here to make this faster. How can I force the cpu to use all its cores. Is there a software for that. I tried locating the information on the web. Many article says that it does this automatically.

Re: Intel Core i7 cpu is not using all it cores

Yes usually the processor itself manages all the core stuff. You dont have to do that thing manually. And it works really well. If this is not working then it means your cpu has some issue. Most of the time the cores are parked and they do not turn on unless required. If the system has a lots of processing work then those cores starts working. You can open task manager and check in that. If the cores are not utilized then there are chances that they are damage or there can be some other hardware issue.

You cannot force a processor to use all its rom if it is not needed. The cpu works on its own. Many time the system does not require high processor. And it can operate the app or run the software on its regular core. You cannot just push the cpu high to run and use everything. Just keep on using your system and the cpu will work on its own. You can try formatting your pc and installing windows back again. So that the operating system can effective use the hardware.

There is no need to format the pc. You can go with regular drivers updates also which is quiet enough to resolve the issue. You can find detail about the
    same on the official motherboard manufacturer site. If you are having laptop then you can reach through model and if you have pc then you can search through the motherboard model number. Run a fresh driver updates and check back. I am quiet sure a lot of issue can be resolved after that.

In many motherboard I had seen a lot of performance issue is resolved when you have the right and updated chipset drivers. Outdated one cause major issues and would not work really well. You can use a third party driver updater software. There are ample of them. Driver update software will scan your pc and simply give you the list of things that are required for the update. You can run tools like Driver Updater. It will scan and update your system with required stuff.

You can do that using overclocking if you still wants the processor to use all the cores and give you a maximum output. For that you have to use software like rivatuner. This tool will offer you a simple way of pushing the cpu at its limit. And this will start utilizing all its cores. It is the most simplest way to resolve performance issue. But do learn about overclocking before going for the same. Do not just run the tool. There is lot of risk in overclocking.