Thread: Performance of apu quad core processor compared to Core i3

Performance of apu quad core processor compared to Core i3

I had seen a few laptops online that comes with APU Quad core processor. And they are cheaper. A few models that I know has graphic card in them. Compare to this when I go for Intel Core i3 or Core i5 series then they are more costly and does not has a graphic card. I want to know the performance of this apu quad core. Is it worth to go with this hardware or going for the latest one is good. I had tried finding out information about the same on web but it looks the Core i5 is the best cpu among all.

Re: Performance of apu quad core processor compared to Core i3

Whenever you go for a new hardware it is obvious that you get the best output form the same. APU Quad Core is a old one and it consume more power. It also gets hot when you are using it for gaming. Compare to that in Core i3 or Core i5 you get a updated chipset. You get updated hardware with latest drivers that are faster and handle multi-tasking efficiently. It also consume less power compare to the cpu you are looking for. It is good to go with the latest one instead of going with old.

There is one more choice you can try out. If you are having tight budget then you can go with amd processor. Because they are cheaper but offer you the same kind of power that Intel provide you. Intel are far more reliable and they are good for long lasting usage. The processor work well that offer you optimum usage and good in multi-tasking output. I will also not recommend you to with older model if you want something for gaming. If you need a pay for day to day usage then going for this gpu quad core will work.

My friend has HP 15-g009AX Notebook. He had just recently purchased this. It has a APU Quad Core A8 and comes with 4GB RAM & 2GB Graphics. It has a 1TB storage. It is an amazing high end pc and I can play all type of games on the same. I really did not notice anything about the processor. I think it is better if you are having a tight budget. Because you are getting a 2GB Graphics on the same that you wont get on any other laptop. IT has as AMD Radeon HD 8570M graphics and comes for Rs.30000. It is not a bad deal.

As far as performance is considered I do not really think there is a huge difference. Apu Quad core is a old cpu but good in output. Here Even if you buy a Core i5 laptop then you cannot upgrade that. You have to use that for lifetime and you have to pay around Rs.30000 or higher. And here when you go with a apu based system then you have a far more performance than the regular pc. A similar configuration without graphic card will come for Rs.35,000 on Intel Core i5. There is a huge price difference.

I had just seen Lenovo Flex 2-14D Notebook on flipkart. I found this model really amazing. This laptop brings you a unique design. You can rotate the screen to backwards. It has a APU Quad Core A6 processor and has 4GB RAM. It also brings a 8GB SSD. I like the design and the hardware is also reasonable here. This type of netbooks are best for day to day usage. You get ample of good speed and also you get windows 8 on the same. It is good to have a look on different apu based laptop on the market.