Thread: audio problem with Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3 motherboard

audio problem with Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3 motherboard

I am using a Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3 motherboard which used to work fine without any issues with graphics, audio, etc. But recently I decided to reinstall Windows on it and since after that the audio is not working any more. I have installed all the drivers from the CD that was provided by the mobo package but it doesnt seem to work properly. After plugging the headphones I can hear a loud distortion. I have tested the same headphones on other pc and it works fine. So what could be the issue here?

Re: audio problem with Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3 motherboard

Can you first of all tell us what Operating System you are using? If you are using the Windows 64bit edition of the OS then try to go to the gigabyte official website and download the latest version of the audio driver from there. Have you tried plugging the headphone in the back panel of the audio port and checked if it is giving any sort of sound? If the front port is enabled and no sound is coming from there then it might be possible that the front port might be broken.

Can you go into the Device Manager and see if anything is listed under the Other Devices? Did you try to use the headphones on every audio port of your Gigabyte motherboard? Can you also tell us what all options are visible to you in the Sound options in the Control Panel on the Playback tab? Try to go to Control Panel and then click on Sound. After that tell us what all list do you see in the playback tab. There must be one device with a green checkmark there.

I would suggest you to open Command Prompt in administrator mode and then type the below 2 lines that I written an then press Enter key:
    set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
    devmgmt.msc

You will see that Device Manager will open now, just click on View/Show Hidden Devices. Now you have to go through all the audio related devices and then check for any greyed out devices. If you found any then right click on it and choose the options to Uninstall it and then restart your pc. Windows will automatically try to install the driver in your next pc boot.