Thread: High usage temperature on Hashwell based processors

High usage temperature on Hashwell based processors

I am not sure whether I am the only one who is getting this issue or it is a bug in the hashwell product line of intel processors. I had seen compare to my old processor the usage temperature is more high. Is it is normal or not good. Because high temperature simply means there is some fault in the psu or the cpu. It can be due to extra things running in the background. I am having a Linux system which does not need much processor. But still the cpu temp is high. It does not look normal to me. The temperature fluctuates between 60 to 80.

Re: High usage temperature on Hashwell based processors

I do not think this is some kind of problem. You can leave that unless the temperature goes beyond certain limit. The cpu temp can be high due to poor cpu fan. It might be having a low rpm or there can be less ventilation inside your system. You have to upgrade that to resolve the problem. Just get a good cpu fan and check back. I am quiet sure you will get what you are looking for. Here you just have to check the fan rpm in bios. It must be around 2800 to 3000 to give you a stable output.

The temperature you had mentioned is not very high. I agree with the above reply. It can be due to a poor cpu fan. You have to change that and get a new one. The stock fan is not proper or the thermal paste is gone. Due to which you are getting the issue. Just replace the same and check back. Here the first thing you must do is change the thermal paste. That is a cheaper solution. Then you can try back. If the temperature gets lower then you can use it. Or else you have to get a new fan.

You must never rely on the stock fan. That does not draw out heat much from the system. It is always good if you go for a decent cpu fan that can work well. Like Antec A20. It is a cheaper one but good. And it comes with copper wires. It draw out more heat from your system compare to your stock fan. If you want more you can go with a bigger one. In future if you are planing ti install windows or play games then anyhow you will have to upgrade your fan. Or things will not be working fine.

I am having a 3rd generation processor. And it works well. The good thing in my system is that it has a liquid cooler. Due to which the temperature remains around 40degree. Even if I play games the max temperature is around 60degree only. It does not goes ahead of that. So that makes thing a bit simple to use. You dont really have to worry about the temperature. Here if you go with a big size fan anyhow you are going to pay around Rs.2000. You can add more and get a better liquid cooler.

Keeping proper cooling is the most important thing for your system. If the cpu is heating up then it is not good at all. It reduce your processors life. The good thing you can do is simply change the fan. If you can manage one for testing then you can do the same. Just get a good fan and try to see how much impact it puts on the cpu. If it does not help much then you have to go with a better option. Like a heavier fan or with liquid cooler. Clean your system and remove the dust. Ensure that cables inside does not block the air flow.