Thread: computer fails to load because of overheating

computer fails to load because of overheating

I am using an old computer with Asus P4C800 Deluxe motherboard. When ever I start my pc then it tells me that computer fails to load because of overheating. The heatsink and fan that I am using is stock ones. I want to know whether there is a problem with the heatsink or the CPU itself, or else if it is the motherboard problem, how do I know that? It seems to be time to throw off this old computer i guess.

Re: computer fails to load because of overheating

You can try to start off by making sure that the Heat Sink and Fan is mounted perfectly and it is also plugged in properly? Can you tell us whether the fan spins up when you turn on the computer? Are you able to see the BIOS screen atleast? If not then I would suggest you to reseat the CPU cooler just for start. Can you check if the capacitors on the motherboard is not bend or melted much? It could be possible that something is fried inside your computer case and hence you are getting that problem.

The motherboard that you are using is quite old and it uses the Pentium 4 CPU I guess. I think that it will better that you retire it and build a new computer. Although, if you have already reseated the cooler but you are still facing the problem then it seems to me that the motherboard must be dying or the capacitors on it. There is also a good chance that your Power Supply is going bad. But seriously if you can afford a new computer rig then you should try to move on.

Have you tried to put a new Thermal paste on the CPU? Incase all the fans are turning on and the dvd drive is also getting power then you should try to reseat the power connectors to the motherboard. And if this is not working for you then check for any bulging capacitors on the board. As said it could also be a problem with the motherboard. Just try to ensure that you first clean the old paste properly with some rubbing alcohol and then put the new thermal paste on the CPU.