Thread: AMD FX 8320 getting too hot and pc turns off

AMD FX 8320 getting too hot and pc turns off

I am unable to find what is the issue with AMD FX 8320. It just gets too hot and turns off on its own. This is bit annoying. It happens usually when I play games. The pc is own by my friend. We are using gamepad on the same. At a time two people can play. We are trying to play a few pc games which are not working well. After few hours when the system cool down it starts back again. I am quiet not able to figure out the issue here. It is a year old pc.

Re: AMD FX 8320 getting too hot and pc turns off

The thermal paste is dried up due to which you are getting the issue. You have to pen the cpu case and re-apply it. This will surely resolve the problem. If you are not sure about doing this on your own then you can contact any person who can apply it. Thermal paste are available for cheap in the market. You can buy that from any local shop and add the same on the processor. Then fix it back. Also check the fan rpm. If it is low then you have to change.

Re: AMD FX 8320 getting too hot and pc turns off

Install a temperature monitor app on the same. That will help you in fixing the issue. There are ample of tools available. One of them is HW monitor. This software will give you the temperature details. If the cpu heats-up really fast then there are two reason. One which is mentioned above the dried thermal paste and second the cpu fan. Get a good one. You can buy a big size fan under Rs.1500. There are ample of nice models available which are worth enough to test.