Thread: even after replacing mobo and psu, computer wont boot

even after replacing mobo and psu, computer wont boot

I have build up a Media Center PC. I was having major issue with my system so I purchased and replaced the motherboard and power supply of my computer. But even after replacing the computer is still having the same booting problems. When I try to start it then I can see the light for 10 seconds and then immediately all the lights and fan will stop. I dont know what other things to consider to solve this problem? If anyone has any idea then please share it with me. Thanks

Re: even after replacing mobo and psu, computer wont boot

Can you tell us what is the make and model of the motherboard and power supply your are using? Infact there could be other problems related to the CPU and hard drive as well, so please let us know the whole computer configurations that you have build. There might be some possibilities that something might have short circuited after you pulled the hardware out of the computer case. If no light is coming up then there is definitely short circuit but since you have told that you are getting light for few seconds then it could be problem with other hardwares too.

Even I think that that CPU must have died. Can you try to insert your processor in another compatible motherboard and see if that functions well or not. You can also check to see if your motherboard is alright or not by placing it in another computer and have all the things different other than the mobo and processor. Also try to use a good power supply. Check to confirm that the RAM is seated properly in the memory slot on the motherboard or else you might face such booting problem.

You will have to check what is the main thign causing the problem before replacing anything. If you cannot even get into BIOS or CMOS then try to check if the psu is properly connected to the motherboard. Also ensure that the power supply is perfectly installed with the CPU cooling fan. Are you getting any beep sound, because if you do, then it could probably mean that its a RAM problem. Check if any video card that you have is firmly seated. Try to disconnect all components like CD/DVD drive, audio cards, floppy, etc; and then try to boot the pc.