Thread: Asus P9X79 WS wont turn on

Asus P9X79 WS wont turn on

I have recently put a new build with Asus P9X79 WS mobo and i7 core processor. I am using a Coolermaster 1200W PSU along with Radeon 6000 series graphics card and 16GB ARM. After switching on the power supply I can see that the power and reset LED are on, but if I am trying to turn on the computer then the fan will spin for sometime and then it will stop. I have reconnected and reseated everything again and again properly but same thing is happening. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks

Re: Asus P9X79 WS wont turn on

Since this is your new computer build, so try not to use SSD but use an internal hard drive first. You should also not use any DVD optical like the Blu-Ray ones. Also, do not install RAM with the power supply plugged in. Also check whether the RAM is inserted all the way down on both sides. You should also try to use 2 sticks known good RAM. Try to reset the CMOS by removing the battery out for 1 hour minimum along with the Power Supply as well. Also, if you are using any cooler then check if it is not touching or else the CPU will turn off.

What is the make and model of the memory that you are using? Can you try to also use different power supply and see if that helps. You can try to call the Asus support if nothing is working for you. But since the fan spins and then stops after sometime then it definitely seems to me a like a RAM problem. Have you checked whether the memory that you have is listed in the qualified vendor list, if not then your RAM is not supported in the motherboard and the only solution is to change the RAM.

There might be also possibility of a short. Can you try to take out the motherboard outside with only the CPU and its fan installed on it. Dont plug anything, just boot with the RAM, processor on the motherboard, do you hear any beep sound or something else. If still all this things fail then there could be problem with the motherboard or CPU. Since you have recently bought this new build, so I would suggest contacting the manufacturer support for replacing the hardware which is not working.