Thread: Compairing Intel Core i5 and Intel Core i7 for gaming

Compairing Intel Core i5 and Intel Core i7 for gaming

Intel Core i5 and Intel Core i7 both are high end processor. I want a comparison discussion on the same. What I found after going through some articles on the web that the exact different between this two processor is gaming. Core i5 is ideal for gaming but you cannot overclock it much, and Core i7 is quiet similar but has more overclocking benefits. I want some help here to choose one that can be good for future usage also.

Re: Comprising Intel Core i5 and Intel Core i7 for gaming

One of the biggest factor that I would love to count between this two processor for comparing is the price. You can get Core i5 at less price compare to that Core i7. If you only need a cpu for gaming and not for overclocking then go for the lower one. It is good. I have a system build on that and it works really fine. With good graphic card you can play almost all types of games in your pc and the performance will be flawless.

Re: Comprising Intel Core i5 and Intel Core i7 for gaming

It is quiet correct. Price matters a lot here. Core i7 can help you to build a ideal system which can give you mix features of gaming and overclocking. But when it comes to budget solution where your price is restricted then you have to stick with the lower one. If you go for Core i7 I think for the next 5 year you wont need any upgrade. Almost all games will work well on this cpu and the output will be amazing.

Re: Compairing Intel Core i5 and Intel Core i7 for gaming

Intel Core i5 is simply an less expensive gaming solution. But Core i7 system are ore extreme when it comes to overclocking. I had seen people enjoy gaming on budget Core i3 processor also. Things goes well here if you have the right hardware. Like a 64bit processor with atleast 6GB ram and a 2GB dedicated video memory.You can play all type of games on the it.

If you check the hardware of both process in detail you can see there are different variation on the same. Almost all are quad core processor. That means they comes with independent core in them. And some Core i7 are six core processor. You can stick with Core i5 if you are getting this quad core cpu at a reasonable price. Do not try to add a extreme edition processor.

There are different generation in the processor. Some are the latest one which are costly but some old one are cheap.Like if you go with the first generation processor then you have to pay less. But on the same hand if you go with the 4th generation you have to pay relatively high amount. Today to get optimum output I think going for the 3rd generation is worth. It is ideal for gaming.

If you had planned to go with extreme edition processor then ensure that you buy a large cache. This extremely helpful. Large cache means more better app performance. You get your application output instantly through this. It does not matter you choose i3/i5/i7. You must see how much cache memory you are getting on the same. Like some high end process offer you a l3 Cache where you get around 3MB to 6MB of ram.

Just don't stick with the processor comparison only. You have to work on the other hardware also. Like if you are going for a good processor like Core i5 or Core i7 then you also need a powerful motherboard and good ram/gpu. Or else your system will bottleneck. It is quiet essential that you must get a good set of hardware to get optimum output from your system or else things will be not as expected