Thread: Installing Mac OS X Maverick on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-CF

Installing Mac OS X Maverick on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-CF

I had never attempted to install MAC on any other pc. I had restored mac once on my fiend laptop who was having Mountain Lion on that. I want some help to finally install Mac on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-CF system. It has Core i5 processor with 16GB of ram and 1GB nvidia graphic card. I had seen some mac dvd's but it not working. I want to test first and then only I will buy the retail version.

Re: Installing Mac OS X Maverick on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-CF

Mac will only work if you have the Intel version. Any dvd will not work. You have to find that first and donwload it on your system. The process is not very complicated. Once you get you have to configure your hard drive. It is good use mac on a secondary hard drive if you already have Windows or any other OS in your system. Improper formatting or configuration can cause dead system.

Backup your data first before doing this. If you are installing it on a new pc then I recommend you to dual boot your system. At once side you can use windows while on the other you can use mac. Mac system does not work well on non-mac system. There is also difference in the hardware and keyboard commands. There are some Intel version DVD available online which you can donwload and test. But it is better to take help from a expert.

You need a optimized dvd which support your board. Or else it will not work. It is bit complicated to find the right mac edition that will really work and give you appropriate output. I had tested a few mac edition on vmware which keep on crashing. That is because of improper hardware support. You can contact Apple for that. They will give you official support for installing Mac on your system.

I had tried that. I am having Gigabyte G41 motherboard with 500GB drive and Core 2 Duo processor. I had tried to install Mac on the system. It took really long time but it finally worked. I was able to boot the system. The issue lies wit proper drivers also. If your system is not having appropriate drivers you wont be able to sue the hardware. IT is right if you buy a Intel Retail disc then it is more compatible and works better.

I am testing this on vmware. I found a few Intel dvd on torrents. I just want to test how my system will respond on Mac and how effective it will be on usage. Because if it is slow then I will skip the same. I had downloaded 4 different version of mac operating system. Each of them are having different firmware based on processors. The one which worked was a Intel snow leopard dvd. I am going to dual boot my pc and if it works then I will buy one.

Most important thing you need is right firmware for running the mac system. When you check guide online that shows you about installing mac on Intel based pc you have to overwrite the bios file. Or else it will not work. You can find the right bios file in the basis of motherboard model. You have to overwrite the same and then only mac will boot properly. Or else it might crash.

First of all I want to add one thing. Using Mac on a windows based platform is not so effective. You are using the same keyboard there and almost all shortcuts are different. I had tried testing the same. I am not able to use it after windows because of different key controls. Also it will take a time to understand the same. You can try running that on vmware which is better and easy . You can remove it anytime.