Thread: What is the maximum system a quad core cpu can handle

What is the maximum system a quad core cpu can handle

Heating is one of the most common issue that many face. I want to know what can be the maximum temperature a system can handle. And what measure I can take to keep the system protected for getting damage. I am trying to play games on a old quad core system which has a 1GB gpu and 8GB ram. I am planing to add a custom liquid cooler. But what about leakage. And what about portable one.

Re: What is the maximum system a quad core cpu can handle

60 degree is not really high temperature. I think it is common when you are playing games. I had seen system going above 70degree. If the system temperature remain stuck at 60 degree then there is less to worry. If the temperature keeps on rising then you have to replace the cooling solution. Or else things are not going to work. It can damage your processor. Applying heatsink will only give you temporary solution. Look for leakage in the cooler tube.

Just clean the system and I think that would help. Adding one more fan to the radiator will help you more. By default there is a single fan that comes with the cooler. You can add one more to make cooling fast. There are chances that your cpu is heating too much. You can add more fan to keep it cooler. Keep on monitoring the temperature and see what maximum it reaches. If it remains at 60degree then it is not bad. You can still use the system.

It is not easy to leak the tubes. They are quiet strong and made with industrial grade. If a liquid leaks from that then your system board can also damage. It is quiet important that you must check that properly. The tube have liquid stored in extreme pressure. If the coolant is leaked then the system temperature will rise more. It will not stay at 60degree. I think you must try adding one more fan to the radiator.

That is a bit issue with using liquid cooler. Because once it is stopped working you cannot do anything. You have to throw it. And when you have air cooler you can atleast change the fan. It is also cheaper. I am using a regular fan and then replaced to extreme one where it works really well. There is no problem at all. Fixing a liquid cooler can be complicated takes because of its parts and other component. Repairing will also costly on that.