Thread: MSI X79A-GD45 Plus wont boot

MSI X79A-GD45 Plus wont boot

I have just bought a new MSI X79A-GD45 Plus motherboard and am unable to get it to POST. When I turn on the PC then fans start to rotate, there is a blue LED and hard drive also ticking which means everything is turned on but still there is no video on the screen and no beep sound. I have already tested the RAM, CPU, PSU and graphics card which is working on another friends system? What could be the other problem then? Please help me out. Thanks

Re: MSI X79A-GD45 Plus wont boot

Well, can you try to unplug all the drives and then test for POST with a single RAM stick in Dimm1 slot only? Can you let us know what is the make and model of the monitor that you are using and what kind of connection you have setup? If you have any of the PSU from different brands like Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, etc; then it is very rare that for a PSU to be problematic. I would suggest taking out the graphics card out and after sometime reseat it firmly as well and see if your system can post.

I remember when I was first assembling my computer then I found out that there is a 4 pin Molex power hookup at the bottom of right side of the motherboard new the Sata connectors, just check if that is connected in, if it is then try to disconnect it and see if your computer can post. You might also need to make sure if there is no grounding or electrical short problems happening inside the cabinet.

First of all try to clear the CMOS and after that input only motherboard, CPU, graphics card and speaker and then set jumper if needed in the way which the speaker should beep for memory. Can you check anywhere on the motherboard which version of the BIOS is installed in the same board? If your motherboard has integrated graphics then remove the video card and then try to boot from the onboard graphics and test.