Thread: Gigabyte F2A88X-UP4 board for sound and video editing

Gigabyte F2A88X-UP4 board for sound and video editing

I have to build a pc for video editing job. My friend recommended me to go for Gigabyte F2A88X. This board comes with amd socket. I will be using applications like Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, etc on it. There will be many convertors also. I just want to confirm that the board that I had mentioned is good or not. Many says that AMD is good for video editing job. Is this board fine or there is any other better model available.

Re: Gigabyte F2A88X-UP4 board for sound and video editing

After checking the specification it looks the board is really impressive. It comes with the latest FM2+ socket. That is enough to run any latest amd processor. It is features GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5 Plus Technology that makes it best in terms of long usage. You have to add a good graphic card on it for better output. But a good 2GB version of any popular gpu and at atleast 8GB of ram.

If you are going to use APU then adding 1GB GPU will be also enough. It is right that you have to use good ram so that your system can perform smooth. 8GB is good but if you can use more then also it is faster. You will get faster performance. For the cpu go for any latest amd 8 core processor. GPU is a must here. Without that your video editing will not work properly. To use high video editing software, gpu is always necessary.

It is a good board. You cab build up amazing system through that. It is nicely designed and it is durable also. You can configure different gpu on it and get the best performance. This board falls in high end product line of Gigabyte. It supports Richland and Kaveri APUs. It is also ideal for playing games. Once you add this there is no need to upgrade for the coming couple of years. Just apply a good cooler.

One thing I want to add that if you are going to use this system for video editing for entire day it is recommended that you must apply a liquid cooler on it. This is very important. Because the system will heat up really fast. I had seen that in my friends pc. He is using movie maker to create high definition videos from clips. Liquid cooler keep the cpu cool a the time of video conversion. Do not stick with the regular fan.

The board supports two series of cpu. The first one is AMD A series and the second is AMD Athlon series. Both are good. With the board you need right hardware config so that you can build up a good system that can work for longer period. Being a extreme board it also needs proper cooling as mentioned above. Heating is common with amd processors while Intel remains far more cooler.

You can go for it. It is a latest board with all latest features. You can add upto 64GB of ram on the same and it work really fine. The A88X chipset gives you all latest supports. Using a good amount of ram and a fast rpm hard drive will put great impact on the overall system output. This will make your system work better. I have around 16GB ram on my pc and there is no gpu. But still I am able to use many applications nicely.

Along with everything do not forget to add a good psu. That also matters a lot. Anyhow you will need to buy a good graphic card. Add atleast 750W of psu in your system that will provide adequate power. If you think that your system is getting hot then you can configure a liquid cooler on the system. Which will also make the system more better in terms of long usage. There are many portable liquid cooler available that you can use.