Thread: error with CPU fan on Asus P8Z77-V PRO

error with CPU fan on Asus P8Z77-V PRO

My friend had an old system with Asus P8Z77-V PRO motherboard and he gave it to me for usage. So after getting and starting it for the first time I get a message saying "CPU Fan Error" and also gives me option to press F1 to run setup. So, when I press F1 the computer runs properly but at the fan speed section it shows my CPU_fan in red color. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue. Thanks

Re: error with CPU fan on Asus P8Z77-V PRO

The error that you are getting is just related to some BIOS error and you can ignore it if you would like. You can also try to disable the message by going into BIOS and changing the CPU temperature fan settings to Ignore. There is nothing to worry about anything here. I also believe that if you update to the latest BIOS version available for your motherboard then you will not get this kind of messages again after booting the computer.

I was also facing this same error on my other Asus motherboard and the only difference that I can find is that previously it was much cooler than it is right now. I am thinking that the F1 bios error tells us about the low speed limit which we can set in bios. So, what you can do is either lower the speed limit or else use a higher fan speed in bios. Or else, as said before, you can simply ignore the error and it will not cost you anything at all.

Yes, the bios setting that you have configured does nothing but it only warns you about the CPU fan failure error. There is no need to panic and it is safe to ignore it or else you can also get warning if you want to set the fan to a minimal rpm speed. All you need to do is, go into BIOS and then search for a setting called 'CPU Fan Speed Low Limit' and it will be set to 600 as default, simply turn it off by selecting ignore or else you can set to a minimal 300rpm if you want.