Thread: everything is running but ASUS rampage IV extreme wont boot

everything is running but ASUS rampage IV extreme wont boot

I am having a computer with ASUS rampage IV Extreme ROG edition and also Core i7 processor. Everything was working fine from last 2-3 months, but yesterday this computer just stopped working. If I am turning on the pc, then everything starts except there will be no beeps and the monitor will not receive any signal. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting every device but nothing seems to be working? Any ideas how to fix this issue? Thanks

Re: everything is running but ASUS rampage IV extreme wont boot

I think that there might be a CPU problem. The processor area is made of 2 parts, the CPU and the mobo connection to the CPU. So, it might be possible that either the CPU went bad or the CPU socket went bad. If you can arrange for an extra system or spare parts then you can diagnose this problem. if you cannot, then you may only have the chance to RMA a part and if it still wont work then RMA the other part.

Can you first of all tell us how the system was configured, have you done any overclocking on it? Will you tell us whether there was enough airflow in the computer that you have? Incase your system is overclocked then are you using any airflow over the VRM heatsink? What is the URFI version running on your motherboard?

Can you try to turn off your computer and then disconnect the power cord. Also try to press the power button to dissipate the remaining voltage and then remove the CPU cooler and reseat the processor again and then check. You will also find a bios button on the bottom right corner of the motherboard which will let you to move from bios 1 to bios 2.