Thread: Good replacement for Intel LGA 1150 dead motherboard

Good replacement for Intel LGA 1150 dead motherboard

I am looking for a good board replacement for LGA 1150 socket. My old board is not proper. It is slow and some of the usb ports had stopped working. The audio is also not working. I had seen a few budget boards on the web but I am not sure which is good among them. I need a cheaper one. A board which should be enough to run multimedia files and basic games. That's it. I have a 4GB and standard gpu.

Re: Good replacement for Intel LGA 1150 dead motherboard

The cheapest one among all is Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1. This board is nice and is capable of giving you good output. It features Intel H81 chipset. It is a good budget board for a low range system. The cost of this board lies around Rs.4200. So that is not very high. You can buy this motherboard online and test it on your system. Most of this product comes with 1 year warranty. In case you have any issue you can get it fixed for free.

If you have problem with the audio then just buy a pci audio card. You can get that for a low price. Still your motherboard is working. You can buy a new one only when your existing one completely stops working. You can add a lan port also if you are having some issue with lan connection. I am using my old board with a audio card in it. Because the sound suddenly stopped. It is a kind of money saving choice, because here you are just utilizing your old board.

MSI H87M-G43 is one which I will recommend. It is a decent board with all those things that you need. I found this board a bit durable. It features Intel H87 Express Chipset. This makes it a bit more powerful compared to what suggested above. The board comes around Rs.6500. It is fair enough to spend this much price for a good board. You can also buy a good gpu if you are willing to play high end games.