Thread: Want help to install Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-CF wifi on other motherboard

Want help to install Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-CF wifi on other motherboard

In my office I have a system with Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-C motherboard. This a high end board that comes with bluetooth and wifi connectivity. The wifi is working through a tiny card. I am not sure about the model here. I want to use that on my home pc which has Windows 7 and a intel motherboard. Is it is possible. I had not yet testing anything. The office pc is connected through lan port and it does not really require the wifi.

Re: Want help to install Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-CF wifi on other motherboard

I do not think so. Because the card will have a compatibility issue with your board. You have to check the specification first. And then only remove that. You can find the card model by opening the system. Just see what it written on that. And then search on web. Most of this products are designed with the board and they do not support other models. So there is a kind of 50-50 chance.

It will work if you can find the right drivers. If there is no drier available then no use of adding that card. Instead you can buy another one. This are cheaper now a days. You can buy a composite card that has a wifi and Bluetooth both in it. And this card works on almost any system because they have a common driver. It gives you good speed and reliable setup. While if you try to use the gigabyte one there are chances that you will face blue screen errors.

It will work. The wifi card belongs to Qualcomm Atheros. And you can also find the drivers for that easily. Remove the card and connect it on another pc. In Device Manager you will see the hardware. It will have a exclamation mark due to improper driver. Now go on the official site of Gigabyte and search the board. Go in the drier section and download WLAN+BT Driver. It is placed at the end. The size will be around 141.33 MB. Install it and use the wifi card.