Thread: New 4GB Corsair RAM causing Bluescreen

New 4GB Corsair RAM causing Bluescreen

There is a bit issue in my pc after I had added new 4GB Corsair ram on it. I was having a bit issue with the system. The pc keeps no crashing with blue screen. I am not able to do anything. The new ram was tested before I bought. The seller checked it in this system where it was working quiet well. But in my pc I am constantly getting blue screen. How to fix this thing. I do not think I will be able to return it.

Re: New 4GB Corsair RAM causing Bluescreen

Try to remove any old ram stick if it is still in your system. Just leave the new one connected. I think you are using this ram with the old one due to which you are getting the problem. It is better if you can use this one only. The second thing you have to do is change the slot. Usually there are around 4 ram slots on the motherboard. Try to connect it on each different one and see whether it works or not. It might start working after that.

Before buying did you checked the ram specification. You can find that detail on its official website also. Just check the ram mhz. And then compare that with your motherboard. If your board does not supports a Mhz above 1333Mhz and your ram is higher than that then you will surely face this problem. You have to simply buy a lower one. You can tell the seller about this problem, there are chances that he might give you the replacement.

Always verify the specification before buying. If your system specs is perfect them sometime due to improper placement this issue appear. You can remove the ram an clean the edges and then insert it back. Changing slot might also help. But if nothing is working then you have to replace the ram stick and get new one. You can return it if it is not working. The seller will have to take it back.