Thread: I am unable to access the bios of GA-Z77MX-D3H TH

I am unable to access the bios of GA-Z77MX-D3H TH

I want a help to access bios of Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H TH. Suddenly my hard drive stopped detecting. I am getting a disk boot failure message on the screen. When I hit Del key to enter bios the system just boot and end up on the error. Before after hitting Del key on boot I can see the bios screen within few seconds. But not this is not working. Is there any other way to do this.

Re: I am unable to access the bios of GA-Z77MX-D3H TH

Looks like some issue with the keyboard. If you have a usb keyboard, then the function is disabled in bios. Due to which you are unable to enter. You have to arrange a ps2 keyboard. It is widely available. This keyboard does not need any settings to enter bios. Just connect and hit the Del key constant to see the bios menu. Go in that and make changes. When you boot there must be light on the keyboard.

There can be some other issue. Your bios settings are disabled due to which you are unable to get access. This can be done at the time of installation. Here you can try flashing the bios. When you boot you can see a few set of keys to hit to run bios flash. Just download the file from official gigabyte site and put it in the pen drive. Hit the bios flashing key and update it. Then try to go back in the bios again.

I think if you can get a different keyboard then this issue can be fixed. The keyboard is not able to access bios. Try to change the port also. Keep the above mentioned bios update option as the last resolution. You can try removing the cmos battery from the board to reset all bios settings. I do this always whenever I have some problem accessing the bios settings. Just remote the battery and re-insert it back and done. You might be able to access by hitting the del key.