Thread: Can I use Kingston HyperX Beast with my old 8GB RAM

Can I use Kingston HyperX Beast with my old 8GB RAM

I want upgrade my system by adding more ram. I found Kingston HyperX Beast as one of the best for high end performance. So I am willing to go for a single stick of 8GB ram. I already have two old ram stick that was bought at the time of purchase. I had purchased two 4GB ram sticks. I just want to know about the compatibility things. Will this ram work with HyperX Beast. I do not want to waste them.

Re: Can I use Kingston HyperX Beast with my old 8GB RAM

No you cannot. You must have standard ram configuration to keep your system output stable. If you use two different type of ram there are chances that your system might not boot or you can face blue-screen errors. The best thing you can do is buy two pair of Kingston HyperX Beast. Around 16GB of ram is quiet enough to give you amazing system output. I have HyperX Blu which I ahead tried to use with my old ram, but it did not worked.

What matters is similar hardware configuration. Or else it will be complicated to get maximum performance. I have been using Kingston from long time. I have a single stick of HypeX Beast that works really fine for gaming. I do not think you really need a additional one. You just use a single stick and keep the other as spare. But avoid adding all of them together. Mismatch configuration will cause system crash.

If you can post the exact configuration of your ram then you might get a more valuable suggestion. Like what is the RAM Mhz. Kingston HyperX Beast offers you a 2400Mhz speed. That is really high. If you have a RAM which has 1600Mhz or lower speed then you have to choose a ram according to that. Kingston has some low range ram also. You can find that on the official website and buy a kit based on that. To find the ram mhz you can use cpuz.