Thread: What does dual graphic in apu means

What does dual graphic in apu means

What does dual graphic support in a apu means. I had seen some amd processors on web. Among which one is a apu. It is a set of board, gpu with a radeon graphic card. As per certain test it shows that it is good for gaming purpose. I found apu much more cheaper compare to a processor + graphic card. Here we are getting a two option. The cpu itself manage the graphic settings of pc. But what does dual graphic support means. Is this some additional technology that can benefit gaming. I am quiet not able to understand how it works. If someone adds a additional gpu then the apu will surely stop working. It will only used for processing purpose.

Re: What does dual graphic in apu means

I do not agree that APU's are good for gaming. They get more heated due to double work. It is better to go for a cpu and graphic card separately. APU's are ideal if it comes to budget system. You just hook up a good amount of ram on it and use it for your day to day usage.

I can explain you that in more detail. APU is single pack of cpu that has graphic processor in it. So you don't have to buy a gpu separately. Any good apu is good enough to run latest video games. But if you need more power then you can add a additional graphic card. This does not means the apu will stop support graphics. You can link the gpu graphic with other graphic card and get double performance. For example if your apu processor offers you 1GB radeon graphic support then you can link that with another 1GB radeon graphic card. And you will get a 2GB of dedicated video memory. There is a some procedure to do that. That is the reason in my apu you would be getting dual graphics support. Always choose wisely when you are going to buy a apu. This type of systems have minimum upgrade solution.

My friend has a system, powered by Core i5 + Nvidia Radeon 650 Ti boost gpu and 4GB ram. The system works really nice with full game resolution. There is no slow down issue. I had never tested a apu so I am not sure about the same.