Thread: Server OS problem with Asus Z87 mobo

Server OS problem with Asus Z87 mobo

2 days back I purchased a new Asus Z87 motherboard that supports sandy bridge processor. I specially bought this machine for server use and have been trying to install Windows Server 2012 on it, but in the middle of the setup, it will ask me for the ethernet driver. I have looked everywhere for its driver but there is no driver available for the Ethernet adaptor in this motherboard? Does anyone know how can I use Windows Server in this pc? Thanks

Re: Server OS problem with Asus Z87 mobo

Did you try to use the Desktop Windows drivers because there are no server drivers available for your motherboard. I think that the desktop drivers will work in Windows Server because one of my friend was using desktop motherboards with the different server operating system on his machine. Or download Intel Ethernet Connections CD from the below link, it mentions that Server OS is supported:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=22283

I think that the Ethernet Network connection in your motherboard does not have drivers for any Windows Server operating system. But you can add another PCI Ethernet adapter on your motherboard that is listed here - IntelĀ® Ethernet Controllers, Server Adapters and Ethernet Products, all of those have driver support for Windows Server 2008. And if there is a PCIe slot in your mobo then go with the newer adapters which will be helpful in the future run.

The problem that you are facing is because Intel has not released a working ethernet adapter driver for the Asus Z87 motherboard models for installing server operating system. There is workaround for this issue but it requires you to edit the whole .inf file. You can try installing the Windows 8 driver on your mobo to install the Server 2012 OS. If that doesnt work then you might have a bad ethernet port on the motherboard.