Thread: How to find whether my ram is fast or not

How to find whether my ram is fast or not

I had recently added Gskill ram in my system. I am trying to play Call of Duty Ghost. The game is lagging in Window mode. I was using my old ram which is around 4GB. I already got many blue screen. So this is a straight ram problem in the system. I thought by adding up a new set of ram will be enough to make my system works fine. So I bought a pair from Gskill. They were in budget and has heat-sink on the body. But I am not able to get the right output. How to find whether the ram I am using is fast or not.

Re: How to find whether my ram is fast or not

There can be some other issue in your system. Bluescreen do come due to faulty ram but before buying you must always test. You can do that through Memtest. This tool is scan your ram for errors. Try this one.

Ram can be test through benchmarking tools. You can try PassMark for the same. This tool has nice set of options through which you can find out why your system is slow. The tool will give you clear information about different hardware and show you whether they are enough for gaming or not. The first thing I will recommend you is to go with a gpu driver update. Due to outdated drivers this type of issue appears. Second thing you have to check that whether your cpu or gpu is heating or not. Due to lack of cooling this issue appear. You can try adding a good cpu fan to keep the temperature low. You can find all the details about cpu temperature in bios or you can also download and install a third party cpu temp monitoring software. I think in your system the processor is quiet heating up due to which you are facing issue.

Go in Event Viewer. It is located inside Control Panel > Administrative Tools. There you can get error description. You can through that troubleshoot your system and find out more information about the slow performance.