Thread: No display on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH after adding Nvidia 650Ti GPU

No display on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH after adding Nvidia 650Ti GPU

I am trying to assemble a new system. The motherboard here is Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH. It is a high end motherboard. I am going to using Nvidia 650Ti GPU with 4GB processor on it. When I connect the monitor on the regular VGA port, I can see the display. But after adding the gpu there is no display at all. The screen is completely black. I am using a VGA to DVD adapter for connecting my 27inch gaming monitor. On on-board VGA I will not be able to get good gaming resolution. I have to use a gpu at all cost. And when I try to do the same I can see nothing.

Re: No display on Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH after adding Nvidia 650Ti GPU

Check the cable. The display cable might be having some issue. Do you have another one. The gpu which you had mentioned also comes with hdmi connection. Try to connect the monitor on hdmi port and try back.

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH is a extreme edition board that comes with many features. It has dedicated options for overclocking. On the board if you can open your cpu case you can find a led notification. This is called as debug led. You have to note down the number or code which will appear when you boot your system by connecting the monitor on gpu. And in the motherboard manual go on Debug LED Code and see what is the issue. This is a new build so there can be connectivity problem also. Try to change the slow of your gpu. The board has three slots. You can try adding them one by one on different and test out. If still it is not working then ensure that the gpu is working. It is complicated but try to find another board and add the gpu on the same. And see whether you can see the display or not.

Instead of wasting time looking for new board try to check the DVI to VGA adapter. You said that you are getting display through vga then it means the cable is working. The issue lies with the adapter. I hope you are using a new one.

First hook the monitor no your existing on board vga and go in bios. Checkout each section for display. I got this issue on my old system. In that there was a section to configure the default output which was set on on-board. I modified the value to pci/onboard and the issue is resolved. You have to check the same thing. Sometime the motherboard is not able to automatically switch from different connected video hardware. It is set on single one. Here you can try checking the same. Connect the monitor to the graphic card later on. Then try checking back. I think this would resolve the issue. If this also does not work then definitely the dvi adapter is not proper. You will have to buy a new one and try out.

I also think this is some kind of cable issue. The board which you had mentioned is a high end motherboard. And if there is no display on the same then it means the cable is not proper. Just try to find a new cable and try back.

I had seen many people who build up a high end gaming pc does not care about the power requirement. They add up a good amount of hardware on it. But they are unable to use a good psu. This is because the system will fail to boot or will not give maximum performance. Now what you can do is remove the graphic card and hook the monitor directly on the motherboard. Just connect see and what output you are getting. If there is display on the screen then it means your system is having relatively low psu. The gpu is not getting maximum power. You have to upgrade that instantly. It is necessary that you must have a psu around 650w or higher. Or else it will put bad impact on your system hardware also. And if you are planing to have dual gpu in future then you must go for a more powerful psu. Or else things are not going to work here.

Power supply must be always higher when there is a psu in your system. It is a common thing that many people ignore the same and cause the issue. You can find a number of good models on web for your gaming system.