Thread: Ideal RAM for server level performance

Ideal RAM for server level performance

Which ram will be best for server level output. We have 4 servers that are pending to upgrade. They are getting slow due to constant updates. Now adding ram is the only solution we have. But I am not able to decide what ram to go for. I had checkout various site I can see gaming ram only. Are they are enough to give server level output. I want a 8GB stick of ram. And I am going to buy 4 of them. My existing motherboard supports all latest ram models. I can see some ram which has extra cooling support on them. Will that work.

Re: Ideal RAM for server level performance

Yes you can go with any branded ram. Go for Kingston. And before that check your motherboard specification. See the maximum mhz your board supports and then only go for the same. If you go for higher then it will not work.

For server you need performance ram. They are bit better compare to the regular one. You can go one web and you can find out different type of ram in the market. They are like LR-DIMM. This is a kind of memory technology that help a system to get higher processing power. It is designed to reduce loading and improve the memory capacity of a server. Another type are RDIMM and UDIMM. There is a little bit different between both. So here if you are going out to buy a ram just checkout the specification properly what it is offering you. And you have to later on match the same with your motherboard so that compatibility can be adjusted. For server 16GB ram will be good enough to run ample of processes. You can check that in your server where your board will be able to run that much ram or not. If yes then go for higher upgrade.

Server RAM are different when it comes to performance. Many of them are specifically marked as low voltage model. That mean they give you high processing but also they do not consume much of your power. And the capacity is also high.

Kingston has a series of ValueRAM that can be used for server performance purpose. This value ram are designed specifically for server output. They are reliable and ideal for long lasting usage. So here you don't have to run on different places to locate which ram is going to work and which one is not going to help much. You can go on the official site of Kingston and locate the series of module available under ValueRAM. They are bit costly but promise performance and stability. For more better output you can go ahead with Kingston ValueRAM Server Premier Memory. This give you high up-time and are more stability compared to the other one. It is powerful and good for constant usage.

You have to first decide the upgrade size. Like you are stuck with 8GB. Better go with higher. For server you can even go above 25GB. There are ram available in the market. Later on check for other things.