Thread: MSI Z87 error Command Center is using generic VGA driver

MSI Z87 error Command Center is using generic VGA driver

I am trying to run Command Center on my computer build. But when I attempt to run the Command Center then it will not start on my pc and will give me an error message that states "Command Center is using generic VGA driver. Please install VGA driver provided by hardware manufacture?" I am using a MSI Z87 Mpower Max motherboard with i5 core processor HD 7970, 8gb RAM that is running on Windows 7. Any ideas

Re: MSI Z87 error Command Center is using generic VGA driver

Many people have reported problems with Command Center that is not working incase the intel turning utility was not installed. So, first of all make sure that every tools are installed properly and updated fine in your computer. After that try to remove the old VGA drivers in safe mode by using Driver Fusion software. Also try to disable any Lucid or GPU Virtualization.

Even I was facing the same problem and after uninstalling and reinstalling both the Intel and Nvidia drivers for couple of time in safe mode and normal model the problem still didnt go. But after a while I accidentally removed the LogMeIn mirror driver and guess what everything started to work fine. So, there might be some conflicts between the LogMeIn driver and Command Center it seems.

Isnt the Command Center tool use on Dell Alienware system? Anyways, just shut down your pc for 15 minutes and then disconnect the power cable from your case. After that press and hold the power button for some seconds and then release to drain the power from your board. Now connect everything and then try to update the BIOS of your motherboard to the latest version and then test with Command Center tool again.